Condé Nast (Vogue, New Yorker, GQ) - Not Anymore
It seems Condé Nast no longer pays its interns.
A few months ago, we reported that Condé Nast paid its interns a $550 stipend.
But a former intern tells us that’s no longer the case. She asked for the stipend she was owed after working there this Spring, only to be informed that the company had discontinued the stipends earlier this year.
Eight current and former interns at other Condé magazines tell us that they are also not receiving stipends.
Future interns won’t be paid, either. Online internship listings at Condé magazines like Condé Nast Traveler and Vogue (which is currently celebrating its most profitable year ever) now advertise “unpaid positions” and make no mention of a stipend.
All well. It was fun while it lasted, right?
- notbadsugar reblogged this from ladyurduja
- ladyurduja reblogged this from whopaysinterns
- captain-ina reblogged this from whopaysinterns
- tarot-sybarite likes this
- theimpossibleconversations likes this
- jakec likes this
- nusca reblogged this from whopaysinterns
- rhprocter likes this
- misterracoon likes this
- caitlinrcruz likes this
- threatsex likes this
- goldman likes this
- whopays reblogged this from whopaysinterns
- playanon reblogged this from whopaysinterns and added:
- missisanfi likes this
- whopaysinterns posted this